Central Healthy Start Coalition Counties: Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Sumter
Healthy Start of North Central Florida Coalition Counties: Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Suwannee, Union
Central Healthy Start Coalition and Healthy Start of North Central Florida Coalition are among 32 Healthy Start coalitions throughout the state. We are the region’s leaders in maternal and infant health issues. In partnership with WellFlorida Council, we administer programs that help ensure a healthy start in life and a hopeful future for pregnant women and families with young children.
Our staff has expertise and advanced education in public health, health education, quality assurance, marketing and program management.
Our board of directors and members of the coalition have a vested interest in maternal and child health: consumers; county health departments; migrant and community health centers; hospitals; local medical societies; local health planning councils; business community members; faith-based community members and child welfare agencies.
Members are responsible for:
- Increasing public awareness of the issues related to infant mortality
- Building and maintaining broad community support
- Conducting short and long range planning for local maternal and infant populations
- Conducting needs assessments of the maternal and child health systems within their service area
- Preparing a plan for community action to improve maternal and child health outcomes
If you are interested in becoming a member of one of our coalitions, please contact Heather Hollingsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment opportunities can be viewed here.